Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of Terms and Risk
Clarkson Community Church and Lorne Park Baptist Church provide access to this website and its related services to you subject to the following terms and conditions, which may be updated without express notification. For the most current version of the applicable terms and conditions, visit camp.clarksonchurch.ca and click on the “Terms and Conditions” link in the footer. In addition, individual pages may post or specify additional guidelines or rules applicable to specific activities or services. All such guidelines and rules are incorporated by reference into these terms and conditions.
BY VISITING camp.clarksonchurch.ca AND ANY RELATED SITE (the “campsite”) YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DISCONTINUE VISITING THE CAMPSITE.
All content found on camp.clarksonchurch.ca is the joint property of Clarkson Community Church and The Corporation of Lorne Park Baptist Church 2018 (the “churches”), unless otherwise indicated. No individual or organization may reproduce, re-publish, or claim such content without prior written permission of the churches.
This website is provided to further the objectives of the churches to provide quality programming for children. While we are making every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this website, we do not endorse, approve or certify any information on the campsite, nor do we warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, suitability, or timelines of such information. Use of all information and participation in the activities provided is voluntary. No reference to any commercial product, process or service implies or constitutes endorsement, recommendation or preference by the churches.
THE CAMPSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ANY AND ALL USE OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THE CAMPSITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE CAMPSITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE CHURCHES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF EVERY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION ACCESSED, DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE CAMPSITE WILL BE AT YOUR DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that the churches have no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under these terms and conditions and for the consequences of any such breach (including any loss or damage one or more of the churches may suffer).
Live links to other websites can be accessed through the campsite. These links are provided for your convenience, and such external sites contain information created, published, maintained or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of the churches. The churches do not endorse, approve, certify or control these external sites and do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, suitability, or timeliness of information located at such sites. Use of linked websites and related information is voluntary, and no reference to any commercial product, process or service implies or constitutes endorsement, recommendation or preference by the churches .
The churches assume no responsibility for consequences resulting from use of information contained on the campsite or from use of the information obtained at, or content of, linked websites, or in any respect for the content of such information. The churches are not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, reliance on or performance of such information.
Content License Terms
In order for the churches to use Content on the campsite and for the other purposes referenced in these terms and conditions, the churches need your agreement to grant rights to make use of such Content.
When you contribute Content, you agree that each of the churches will automatically be granted an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable license, by itself or with others, to use, copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, print, publish, republish, excerpt (in whole or in part), reformat, translate, modify, revise, reformat, create derivative works from, and incorporate into other works, that Content and any works derived from that Content, in any form of media or expression, and to license or permit others to do the same.
Content that you contribute may be used by the churches, or either of them, in online or offline photo galleries or the creation of online or offline content for future weeks of the online summer camp or other programs. Content that you contribute may be used by the churches, or either of them, for immediate or future non-profit promotional purposes, including in printed materials, websites, internet applications, or the seeking of sponsorships or support from public or private agencies, foundations, or other donors.
When you contribute Content, you represent and warrant to the churches that:
- you are the sole owner, author, and copyright holder of all Content that you contribute, or that you have written permission from the owner, author, or copyright holder to contribute such Content and grant the license set out above to the churches
- the Content does not infringe upon any third party intellectual property rights or other rights
- the Content is being contributed in compliance with these terms and conditions and does not contain any prohibited content
- the Content does not contain any false statements or misrepresentations
- you have obtained the written consent, release, and permission of each identifiable individual, and of the owner/author of any objects or works in such Content in the manner contemplated by the campsite and these terms and conditions
You agree that the churches may preserve Content, including for backup and disaster recovery purposes, and may also disclose Content if required to do so by applicable law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a court order, legal process, or the inquiry of any court, regulatory body, government agency, or other organization or entity claiming authority to order preservation or compel disclosure
- enforce the terms and conditions
- respond to any claim or allegation that Content violates the rights of a third party
- protect the rights, property, or safety of campsite visitors, the public, or the churches or their respective staff or volunteers
Submission of Information and Camper Conduct
This website may invite you to contribute content including but not limited to (“including”) data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, designs, graphics, information, messages, applications, videos or other materials (collectively, “Content”) in order to participate in the online summer camp. Regardless of the invitation presented, and level of encouragement given to contribute content, this action is voluntary and is not a requirement to participate in the online summer camp.
All email addresses collected will be used to keep parents and guardians informed of activities related to programs and/or summer camps provided by one or more of the churches, both in 2020 and in the future.
The online summer camp staff or volunteers will endeavour to review all Content, but may be unable to pre-screen all Content. All Content will be subject to examination at any time, and the churches will have the sole discretion to determine if Content is prohibited or unsuitable. The churches may delete, move, or edit Content for any reason, at any time, without notice.
The churches do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of all Content, or that inappropriate or offensive material will be prevented from being inadvertently used by the churches or appear on the campsite. The churches invite and encourage parents and guardians to monitor all use of the campsite including Content viewed or accessed by participants in the online summer camp. Please contact us if you become aware of any Content on the campsite that you believe the churches should examine.
All Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you are responsible for any Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available (collectively, “contribute”), whether publicly or privately. If you contribute personal information, you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws governing collection, storage, processing, use and transfer of such information.
The churches hope that the campsite will be a safe place for all visitors and campers. You agree not to use the campsite to:
- contribute Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, insulting, harassing, intimidating, tortious, pornographic, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, disconcerting, or otherwise objectionable (collectively, “prohibited content”)
- contribute any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or other relationship
- contribute any Content that infringes any intellectual property rights of any person or entity or could harm anyone, including minors
- contribute any Content containing advertising, promotional materials, or any form of solicitation
- contribute any Content that contains software viruses or any computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, or any computer hardware or other equipment, including hardware and software necessary for the proper functioning of the campsite
- provide a link to any of the above Content
- interfere with or disrupt the campsite or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the campsite
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, territorial, federal, international, or other law
- harass, “stalk”, or otherwise interfere with or threaten any user of the campsite or any other person or entity, including camp staff and camp volunteers
- collect, harvest, or store data about any user of the campsite or any other person or entity, including camp staff and camp volunteers
- falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity, or impersonate any person or entity, including any camp staff or camp volunteer
- forge or otherwise manipulate any identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content you contribute
You agree to act in a fair and trustworthy way, and that you will use the campsite reasonably and in good faith. You agree to be truthful, and any e-mail address or other information that you provide to the churches must be true, accurate, current, and complete.
Please report any violations of these terms and conditions to the churches.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT THE CHURCHES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER PROPERTY, EVEN IF THE CHURCHES OR EITHER OF THEM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE CAMPSITE, THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTES, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT OR DATA, CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR USING THE CAMPSITE, OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE CAMPSITE.
Use Outside of Ontario, Canada
The churches are located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and intend that the campsite be used only by non-EU natural persons who are residents of Ontario while actually present in that Province. If this does not describe you, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws that apply to you, including those regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. You also agree not to contribute or provide any personal information to the churches. In certain countries, use of the campsite may be prohibited by law without parental or guardian consent. If that applies to you, you agree that:
- you will be responsible for any claims against the churches, or either of them, in connection with your use of the campsite
- you will immediately provide the churches will all required documents and information
- you will not use the campsite until you have verified that each of the churches has complied with all local requirements
For information regarding the privacy policies of the churches, or the handling of your personal information by one or more of the churches, please contact the churches in writing.
Effective: June 15, 2020.