Welcome campers to week 2 of crafts! SPARGA24 Broadcasting has announced exciting news to all campers…you have now become a famous pop star! Aero is here to help you get creative in the necessities to live out the fame. All you need to do is get a rocking instrument to get your music out there!
- Toilet paper roll or paper towel roll cut in half
- Construction paper
- If you are using a paper towel roll, please cut it in half.
- Using construction paper, line the paper around the tube to measure the diameter. Where you marked it off, cut the construction paper out to fit accordingly and glue this onto the roll. Now also cut the construction paper to fit the length of the tube as well.
- Measure the diameter again and mark it, but this time cut the paper into a small rectangle that will wrap around the tube towards the end of the craft (just wait and see)
- At one end of the toilet paper roll, use scissors to cut slits at the bottom about 1 cm deep and fan out the tabs.
- Using the flat slide of the tube, trace out the circle on a piece of construction paper. Then draw a circle around. Cut this piece out in half to make two semi circles.
- One at a time, take the semi circles to fit around the side of the tube with the flaps sticking out. Begin taping all around to secure it in place.
- Using that rectangular piece of paper from before, tape or glue that around the toilet paper, where the cone shape is attached. At this time, you can cut around the cone part of the trumpet to even it out and make it become a more rounded shape.
- For making the handle of the trumpet, take a thin piece of leftover construction paper. Fold in the ends when you have selected the desired size. Cut off any excess paper and tape or glue the two end pieces down.
- Now decorate the trumpet any way that you would like and begin making some noise!