Make sure to check out Olympia’s craft, as she shows us how to make a sunset in a jar!
Sunset in a Jar
- 4 paints in colours of sunset
- Stir stick
- 4 cups cotton balls
- Mason jar that can close
- Set out 4 cups and pour water into each of them
- The next step is to pour each colour into their own separate cup
- Use a stir stick or paint brush to mix each colour making sure that it is well combined and there are no paint clumps.
- Get some cotton balls and pull them apart, making sure that they’re fluffy
- Place the pulled cotton balls at the bottom of a mason jar covering 1/4 of the jar
- Get the yellow paint mixture and pour a small amount of liquid at the bottom, making sure that it’s all absorbed into each cotton ball
- Next, add a few more cotton balls to the bottom making sure that they’re pulled apart. Use a stir stick to push the cotton down
- Repeat steps 4-7 for each colour making sure that all of the paint mixture is being absorbed into each cotton ball
- After you have repeated those steps for each colour (red, orange, pink, and yellow), seal the mason jar TIGHTLY
- You can use this jar as room decor, a visual toy, etc.