Do you want to learn how to throw a frisbee? If you know, do you want to play a fun game with it? If you don’t have a frisbee you can still play this fun game: All-sports golf!
How to throw a frisbee:
- Hold your frisbee with your palm against the rim, your fingers wrapped around the rim and your thumb on top. Your wrist should be curled slightly inwards, towards your body. **Picture demonstrating
- Hold the frisbee in your strong hand and bring that arm across your chest so the frisbee is to the weak side of your body.
- Move your arm away from your body and release the Frisbee when the angle between your arm and your body is about 45 degrees. Release it with a quick snap of the wrist It is your wrist that is providing the power to make the frisbee fly.
- Keep the frisbee level when you release it it should not tilt up, down or the side.
- Keep your eye on your target as you throw the frisbee
- Take a step with your strong leg across your left leg.
- Your movements should be nice and smooth don’t try to throw it as hard as you can until you master the technique.
All-sports golf or Disc Golf:
- Find a park or school yard somewhere near you.
- Once you’re there make targets out of the different structures there. Examples of this would be trees, soccer goals, benchs, poles. Make sure your parents approve of your targets.
- Create a tee box, or an area where you should throw or kick your item. Take turns trying to get your item closer to the target.
- From there go to where your item lands and aim for the target again. Do this over and over until you hit the target
- Remember the idea is to do this in the smallest amount of throws or kicks possible. Compete against your friends and family to try and get the lowest score.
- Create another target from your old target and make a new tee box.
- Repeat this process a decided number of times.
- Add up your scores and the person with the lowest score wins!