Do you like going to the beach during vacations, enjoying the sun, and the light sea breeze. I know we are all stuck as home right now, but don’t worry, we can bring the feeling home with this beach umbrella that you can actually open and shut.
- Paper, Scissors, glue
- Take a square sheet of paper, fold it in half both directions
- Flip over the paper and fold in half diagonally
- Fold the triangle in half again to make a crease
- Take up one flap and squash fold the flap down along the creases
- Flip over the work and do the same thing to the other flap, you should get a small square now.
- One side of the model is layered, the other side is not, we are going to focus on the unlayered corner.
- Fold the side flap next to the unlayered corner to the center, then unfold it to get a crease.
- Do the same thing to the other side, and flip the paper and repeat twice more.
- Take one flap and push in the edge part along the crease you just made.
- Do the same thing to the other three flaps
- You should have 8 flaps now.
- Take one flap, and fold the side to the center
- Unfold the flap and you should have a crease
- Do the same to all the other 7 flaps
- Take one flap, and push the edge part in along the creases
- Do the same to all the other flaps
- Now you should have 16 flaps in total
- Take another square sheet of paper and repeat the same steps above.
- You have two cone like shapes now, stack them together, and use you scissors to cut the irregular end
- You should end up with two long triangles that are the same size.
- Take one of the triangles, at the point about one third from the bottom, make a small diagonal cut. Don’t cut to the midline, leave about one third
- Do the same thing to the other side
- Open the paper, and fold the outermost circle backwards
- Adjust the creases,