Crafted Secret Codes
Hey camper treasure hunters! Along the way of finding the treasure, there may be some tricky clues and hidden clues you have to solve. On the other hand, what if you were the one to write the secret messages? Aero will show you two ways of how you can make invisible ink! Get your craft work space ready and be prepared because this may get a little messy!
No Ink Invisible Clue
- 2 blank sheets of white paper
- Pen or Pencil
- Begin with overlapping the two sheets of white paper.
- Using the pencil, write a message on the piece of paper that is on top. Make sure you press firmly while writing. The pressure will overlap onto the sheet below.
- Remove the top paper with the code, but be sure to hide it so your secret message is not revealed!
- Gently begin shading with the pencil over top of the bottom sheet of paper to reveal the message and secrete code.
Banking Soda Invisible Ink
- Measuring cup (¼)
- Cotton swab or Q-tip
- Baking soda
- Dark coloured juice
- Two small bowls
- Paint brush
- Make a mixture of ¼ of baking soda and ¼ cup of water. Mix the two together into one of the small bowls.
- Take the cotton swap and dip it into the mixture. Use this to start writing your secret coded message.
- Wait until the ink has completely dried.
- Dip the paint brush into the dark coloured juice (for example, grace juice) and begin painting it over the message
- Wait for the secret message to appear!