Hi campers, this is Avo, today I am going to introduce you to another number placement puzzle, straight puzzle. It spells like this, how interesting that is. This puzzle was invented by Canadian puzzle designer in 2007 and first presented in 2008. This puzzle seems to be disorderly and hard to understand, but it actually is fun and logical.
- The str8ts puzzle is played on a grid, the standard one is 9×9, but there are also other scales
- The grid is divided by black squares into compartments.
- Each compartment, vertically or horizontally, must contain a straight – a set of consecutive numbers, but in any order. For example: 7, 6, 4, 5 is valid, but 1, 3, 8, 7 is not.
- Each number can only be used once in a row or column
- Numbers in the black squares are excluded options, and do not count into a compartment.